What is Social Media?
Social Media Marketing, or SMM, is the utilization of social media platforms to:
- Increase brand awareness, traffic, and promote a company’s products and services.
- Great way to reach out and engage with existing or potential customers
- Compile data from the provided analytics.
Why is Social Media Important?
- Build brand awareness
- Reach out and interact with new or existing customers
- Connect with the audience on a regular basis
- Promote your business whilst engaging with customers.
What Role Does Public Relations Play in Social Media?
Both Public Relations and Social Media Marketing have similar roles:
- Build recognition and maintain a level of trust between the company and their clients
- Reach out to a wider audience, with easier accessibility.
- Create a narrative for a brand and build trust
- Shape the audience’s view of company values.
- Play a vital role in influencing sales, recognition, and engagement.